How do collaborative groups jointly make decisions about the rules that govern their behavior and relationships? How does decision making fuse to the coordination mechanism used (informal groups, cooperatives, collectives, firms, intentional communities, distributed networks, centralized networks, and decentralized networks)? How do these structures and methods affect the creative process? How ideas are generated, shared, articulated? How work is created, produced, documented, and valued?
- Cooperatives: Meerkat Film Coop
- Collectives: WOW Theater
- Firms: IDEO
- Intentional Communities: Ganas
- Informal Groups: your household, your apartment
What roles, responsibilities, and relational means of communication will help collaborative groups achieve their goals?
- Agreements: Ganas Intentional Community in Staten Island
- Agreements: WOW’s Rights and Responsibilities
- Coordination: Equipment Calendar – Meerkat Media
How do collaborative groups navigate the needs and desires of each individual and the group/cooperative/collective as a whole?
Do collaborative groups agree to forego the right to pursue personal interest at the expense of other group members or the group as a whole?
How do collaborative groups establish trust, reciprocity, and reputation?