- NYC Zoning and Environmental Hazards: http://www.oasisnyc.net/map.aspx
- Mapping vacant lots for community use: http://596acres.org
- Mapping the master plans of New York City: http://www.urbanreviewer.org
- North West Bushwick community map (in progress): http://bushwickcommunitymap.org/map/
- Uniform Land Use Review Process (ULURP) <— in need of communication design!
- 1938 Redlining map of Brooklyn: http://www.mybrooklynmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/bklyn_redline_map_smaller.jpg
- Designing Services for Housing by DESIS and HPD
POSSIBLE DATA TO USE
- Map of Rents in NYC: http://www.padmapper.com/search/apartments/Massachusetts/New-York/
- NYC Rent Stabilized List: http://www.nycrgb.org/html/resources/zip.html#tables
- NYC Chain Store Increases: http://nycfuture.org/research/publications/state-of-the-chains-2013
How to research an “Odd Lot”:
- Find a property (especially one that looks abandoned) and decide to figure out who owns it, how much they got it for, and if they’ve paid off the mortgage.
- Translate the address to Block and Lot # by going to: http://webapps.nyc.gov:8084/CICS/fin1/find001i
- Type in the Block and Lot in ACRIS to get the property records: http://a836-acris.nyc.gov/DS/DocumentSearch/BBL
- See the name of the current owner, and the previous owner, and mortgage status.
NON-EXPERT MAPPING TOOLS